Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Helping Hands

So I have officially been on bedrest for 1 month! This is hard to believe...at times it feels like it has been substantially longer because time seems to have slowed down quite a bit for us (well at least for the boys and I). Richard probably wouldn't feel the same way since he has been doing double duty for over a month now!

Other than the obvious praise for still being pregnant I have been overwhelmed by God's grace during these days at home alone with the boys. Sure we have had our share of "bad days" but who doesn't? The last few weeks have been wonderful. Even though it has been difficult to step back and let so many people help us and not worry about all the things I could be or should be doing, it has been nice to have this time with Richard and the boys before Bruce arrives.

Jonah and Elijah have been unbelievably good and I am sure it is only by God's grace that I have been able to stay on bedrest at home and have them here too! They have gotten into a wonderful routine of playing together during the day with minimal fighting. I have been included more often than not, but they also just want to play together some times. They have rediscovered puzzles, games, playdoh, coloring, and continued with imaginative play. We have only needed to break out the movies about 3 times!

Jonah has really stepped up in helping and will often start the morning by getting 3 cereal bowls, spoons, cups, milk, cereal, and orange juice for us. I will distribute the breakfast and the two of them will put everything away (dishes and all). Just last week I had a really rough couple of days of contractions and they boys told me they were hungry for lunch. Jonah said he probably couldn't make lunch, but they could just have PB&J's since that would be easiest and he would get all the supplies! That same day Elijah was downstairs going to the bathroom and needed his bottom wiped. I try to avoid the stairs at all each day and reserve trips down for emergencies (like wiping bottoms). I was getting myself psyched up for the walk down the stairs when Jonah stopped me and apologized. I asked him what for and he said he was sorry but he really couldn't help wipe his butt!

We also wouldn't be doing as well as we are without all the AMAZING people who have brought us meals during this time. It has been such a blessing and such a load of our shoulders to have a meal brought. Richard is then able to spend some time with the boys and focus on all the other pending tasks around the house (cleaning, laundry, etc). We also have been given a handful of frozen meals for later!

I can't forget the visits from friends, lunch, toys for the boys to borrow, movies to watch, and treats. Or the friends who have picked the boys up for a few hours for a playdate or just to get them out of our house! We continue to be humbled by God's grace by providing for us in so many ways through our generous friends and family.

Thank you again to all those helping hands! We couldn't have done it without you! We pray God will bless you immensely for your selfless acts and servant hearts.

No comments: