Thursday, January 21, 2010

34 weeks and still pregnant!


I can hardly believe that we have made it this far! I am so thankful for God's protection over this little one and allowing him or her to stay put an extra 5 weeks so far! I certainly breathe a little easier each week that passes by. We are still hoping for a few more weeks, but I am certainly not going to complain if we don't make it.

I was a fingertip dilated at my appointment, but measuring right on and the baby's little heartbeat was so nice to hear. I am having some problems with side effects of this lovely nifedipine, so my Dr wants me off it by next week. Then I am supposed to lay low for another week, slowly increasing my activity level. After my 36 week appointment I am going to try going back to work if I can until I deliver.

I am feeling a little nervous about knowing when to come in since I have been having contractions constantly since 29 weeks and have a history of fast dilation and fast labors. Plus I am GBS positive so I need to get in and get my antibiotics. I am praying that God will allow me to get to the hospital safely when it is time and trying to not worry about it.

We are going to tackle some projects around the house (I will be sitting) to get a few more things done before our little one comes. I am getting pretty excited though!

No comments: