Saturday, January 23, 2010

Getting ready for baby...


Since we are hoping to have a few more weeks before the baby comes, I have been trying to get as much done as I can while I am still home. Richard and my mom have both offered to help do things I can't as well. I am hoping we can check quite a few things off my list this weekend.

Here is my list...
  1. Start cleaning out the office (so it can become the nursery)
  2. Find the baby blankets and wash them
  3. Go through the tub of newborn clothes and pick out some items for this little one to use and wash them
  4. Find my nursing bras, baby socks, and breast pump.
  5. Look for a dresser for the baby's room
  6. Sweet talk my hubby into digging out more baby stuff (swing, bouncy chair, crib)
  7. Get a diaper bag (ours bit the dust after Elijah
  8. Find the sheets for the pack-n-play and wash them up (we'll keep the baby in our room for a few months in this)

Thanks to internet shopping I was able to purchase a few items I needed (or wanted) for this baby but couldn't go to the store and get due to my bedrest restrictions. The blue polka dot item (pictured below) is a nursing cover or a "hooter hider" I purchased off etsy. It is basically a piece of fabric with a strap to go around your neck and a piece of flexible material in the neck line. This allows you to nurse your infant with a little privacy without having to worry about the blanket falling off (or getting pulled off). The flexible neckline allows mommy to keep an eye on her little one too!

I also realized the few items I had purchased for this little one (boy and girl) are all 3 months. I was anticipating a BIG baby so I did find the adorable little puppy sleeper (pictured below) in a newborn size and the little brother shirt to match the boys' big brother shirts at JC Penny's. I was able to use a gift card to purchase those and a few more fun items. The girl blanket and sleeper I purchased quite awhile ago and am curious to see if I get to use it! I didn't find a little sister shirt so if this is a girl I will have to keep my eyes peeled for one.

Some of our wonderful friends, the Fiala's, lent us their infant swing and infant carseat. I washed the carseat up and it is ready to go! I was able to get the swing out this week and test it out when a friend stopped by for lunch with her 7 week old. I left it out hoping the boys could get used to it since they have been pretty fascinated with it and accidentally bumping it every time they walk by! I am sure this will continue when there is a "real baby" in it, but I am hoping it won't be quite as much of a novelty as it was.


I am most excited to get this blanket, that I also ordered from www.etsy.com, for the baby.
I picked out a special blanket for each of the boys. I spend a ridiculous amount of time picking one out and baffle my husband with this process. Thanks to the internet I was able to find this one for Bruce. I thought it was fun and could be used for a boy or a girl. I can hardly wait to wash it with some Dreft! I sure love the smell of that stuff.

I am getting so excited for Bruce to arrive, but am a little concerned that we still don't have any names! Almost all the girl names we liked have been scratched off our list since they were all on the top 10 of 2009 baby names list and we just can't agree on a boys name! I would love to spend some time discussing this, but I have already learned that my hubby works best under pressure so I suppose I will just pack the baby name book in my delivery bag.

2 comments:

Hattie said...

Well, let me just insert my two cents here: For a boy you just have to go with Noah! What else would go so well with Jonah and Elijah? Noah, of course! But for that little princess I think you should go with Leah or Rachel.

Cindy and company said...

oops. Guess I was signed in under Hattie for some reason.