Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Peace

Peace.  I am filled with peace.  The Lord has filled me with peace.  I almost forgot what it felt like. It is a wonderful feeling. I can take a deep breath and don't feel suffocated. I can enjoy today without worrying about tomorrow.  I can LIVE today. The Lord is mending my heart. It is beautiful. What does peace feel like to me? 

It is stepping outside on a beautiful day and feeling the sun shining down on your face, the wind gently blowing your hair, your eyes closed and hearing your children's laughter filling the air.  It is closing your eyes at night to sleep and instead of tossing and turning and feeling sick from anxiety and sleeplessness all night, it is deep beautiful sleep.  It is your body relaxing, melting into the bed and allowing your mind to stop working so hard and just rest.  It is the sweet, strong, arms of a loved one holding you up, making you feel safe, and letting you know it is going to be okay as you cry on their shoulder. It is making it through the day with hugs and kisses from three boys who I love more than anything.  It is silence at the Lord's feet. It is His hand on my shoulder just reminding me of His presence.  It is knowledge that this isn't about me, but about glorifying Him.  It is falling to my knees humbly after hearing, seeing, and finding my favorite verses this past week in EVERYTHING I have done. (Remember my control issues often blind me, so God has to work pretty hard to get my attention at times).

  • It is knowing that the "Lord gives and the Lord takes away" -Job 1:21
  • It is knowing that "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" -Romans 8:28
  • It is knowing "not to worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" -Matt 6:34
  • It is "being still and knowing that He is God" -Psalm 46:10
  • It is knowing that "many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" -Proverbs 19:21
  • It is knowing that "you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" -Jeremiah 29:13
  • It is knowing that "delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart" -Psalm 37:4
It is praising His name for using the darkness to bring me closer to Him. It is understanding Grace and finding Peace

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Such truth in those words and scripture. I love it when God hits me over the head with something! Its unmistakable and that is my favorite! Praise God that he is perservering!!!!