Saturday, May 29, 2010

Three months old already?

Last week my baby turned 3 months old!

I can hardly believe it!

When Jonah was born my dad asked me to take a picture of him each month so they could see how much he had grown. Even though we lived 12 hours away, they made the journey from ND to Iowa quite often. However, pictures just don't do a growing baby justice as to how big they really are getting!

So, I used the same blanket each time to take his picture and would email it to them. It was a great way to reference how he was changing so fast!

I did the same for Elijah and am now starting the tradition with Isaac.

The first one is always at 1 week old

Then the monthly ritual is started...

here is Isaac at 1 month

2 months

and 3 months!

Isaac,

I am still madly in love with you and can't believe how perfectly you have adjusted to our crazy family! You are still the best baby we have had, as you continue to sleep for nice long stretches at night and have such a laid back attitude about life. You are certainly the biggest little man so far. We are thinking God made you a little sturdier so you can withstand your bigger brothers. Your smile lights up our home and melts our hearts. Your big brothers can hardly wait to "play" with you and love testing out your new toys.

You don't like to miss anything and prefer to be sitting up or held upright so you can be entertained by your brothers. The Moby wrap has saved my life on many of an occasion for this reason! Your newest "trick" is standing up and testing out those adorable legs. I have even managed to get a few giggles out of you! You still aren't a fan of tummy time, but continue to love getting your diaper changed and taking a bath. In fact, bath time has become a bit of a challenge as you become so excited kicking your legs and flapping your arms that I have a hard time keeping a good hold of you.

You still love your momma best and I am just fine with that! Going back to work was sure difficult, but knowing that you usually sleep all night for your daddy makes me feel lots better. I was also comforted in knowing that Auntie Laura was taking excellent care of you while I was sleeping! Your eyes are still blue and your hair is still strawberry blonde! We are just so blessed to have you in our family and even though I wish you could stay little forever, I am looking forward to watching you grow!

Keep up the great work little man!
Love your Momma.

No comments: