Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dirty Mondays

With the first week of school under our belt, we headed to the lake to relax one last time and say "goodbye" to summer. We had a great time just being together as a family with my parents, and both of my sisters.

The time was filled with fun in the water, a campfire, snuggling, stories, puzzles, and laughter.

Tonight we got home early, bathed all 3 boys, fed everyone supper and Isaac went to sleep early (by the grace of God) so I let the older 2 play for 20 minutes before bed while I put things away.

When I yelled downstairs to tell them it was time for bed, I heard a siren go off from Elijah.

He was upset because he didn't have enough time to play, and he just started with a certain toy, and he continued to thrash around and cry while I attempted to interpret between the cries.

When I finally got on the floor to hold him and ask him what was really wrong, he burst out crying harder and said, "I don't want tomorrow to come because Jonah is going back to school!"

Then he continued to wail!

As my heart broke into multiple pieces and I tried to comfort Elijah, while I was feeling the same way, he made it worse by saying, "and I love my brudder so much and I miss him so much when he is at school! Why can't I go too?"

(Insert dagger into heart)

Wow! I could hardly keep from crying myself after that comment.

Fortunately, the new stories from the library and snuggling on the couch helped him feel a little better. He also started planning what they were going to do when Jonah got home from school.

Change is hard. It broke my heart to watch him missing his brother already.

I love that they are so close and pray tomorrow I can help fill the gaping hole in his heart.

So I have never really cared for Mondays.

I have a pessimistic outlook on them...they are the end of a beautiful weekend and the beginning of another week.

Monday's just sneak up on you, and often leave you depressed about what was.

Better get to bed so I can greet the day with a smile.

Now Mondays are rough for me and for Elijah.

Dirty Mondays.

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

That has to be one of the sweetest things I have ever heard!