Saturday, August 28, 2010

4 years old a day filled with celebration!


I am just a little worn out from a BIG day last week in which we celebrated a certain someone's 4th birthday! I can hardly believe my sweet "Lou" is 4 years old!

When I asked him what he wanted to do for his special day he said "eat all the treats in the world, buy all the toys in the world, and have everyone I've ever known over."

Since that wasn't exactly what I had in mind, we went for plan B.

The day started with breakfast of his choice: pancak
es with chocolate chips, whipped cream, and sprinkles and a touch of bacon on the side.

(When I pulled out the "You are Special Today" plate for him to eat on he passed it to his brother and chose one with a Christmas tree on it instead.)

Next, we had the traditional "measuring" ceremony to see how much he had grown over the past year. It was pretty remarkable!
Tough competition in this house to see who will be the tallest...

Opening birthday mail is always fun! Especially when there is a surprise inside!
Thanks Grandma Irene!

He and his big brother spent the rest of the morning exercising their brotherly love/hate relationship until we headed to Micky D's for lunch with Grandma Teresa and Auntie Laura.

Following our nutritional happy meal lunch, we moved the party train to the movie theater and watched Despicable Me. It was absolutely adorable, one of the best kid movies I have seen in a LONG time! I highly recommend it and will definitely be purchasing it when it comes out.

It was also super fun that we were the only ones in th
e theater and that my parents and sister Laura joined us and that Isaac slept through almost the whole movie.

Then I frantically finished the Bumblebee Transformer birthday cake that had been requested and we headed to the birthday boy's favorite place for supper: Space Alien's.

We were joined by my parents, my grandmother, my sister Laura, and my sister Nikki and her hubby Tom. The boys had a blast playing games, eating, opening Elijah's presents, and getting to pick out a super prize from the wall (because they had so many tickets) versus the quality stuff in the glass case.

Opening presents
A few of the party attendees
Grandpa snuggling Isaac
Daddy and Auntie Laura
Uncle Tom and Auntie Nikki
Great Grandma Sharon and Isaac

Playing Games



The grand finale was at our house where Elijah opened a few more presents, we sang happy birthday and ate cake, and watched the boys enjoy the new gifts.

A family picture
Getting ready to sing and eat cake
Happy Birthday Dear Elijah...
Happy Birthday Day To You!

Just as I was realizing how grown up my little man seemed and dreaming of how fast the years have already flown by and how they will only speed up and just seconds after I had marveled at his great behavior for the day, he brought me crashing back to reality with an amazing tantrum. I was actually relieved as his life stopped flashing before my eyes and I took joy in the stomping, yelling, and tears.

Happy 4th Birthday Elijah, We Love You!

No comments: