Friday, April 30, 2010

Right before my eyes

How did these two sweet little boys...

become so grown up...

right before my eyes!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The other night they requested to help make supper and wash dishes with me! I was blown away! I had a flash back watching them standing at the sink 2 years ago when we lived in Iowa City. I used to strip them down to their diaper/underwear when they were little and let them "wash dishes" while I made supper. It was the perfect activity to keep them distracted, in my sight, and washed the floor a bit when they were done!

I almost had them strip down to their undies for the picture, but decided it would be best NOT to encourage that, plus I probably shouldn't share that picture on here!

I am fortunate that the boys have inherited their dad's love for cleaning. They are excellent helpers (when it's their idea) and I am becoming more laid back about letting them help and not worrying so much about doing it "right" and just focusing on helping them learn the importance of having a servant heart.

It's still been rough at our house, as far as listening goes, but I am thankful for moments above that help me remember what is really important!

No comments: