Wednesday, April 28, 2010

2 months old!


My baby is 2 months old!

I can hardly believe it. I took him in Tuesday for his 2 month check up and he is a BIG boy... weighing in at 14 lbs 6.5oz and 24 1/2 inches long!

I know you aren't supposed to compare your children, but who doesn't do it?

If you are an anti-child-comparer just look away and if you aren't here the other two boys' stats at 2 months: Jonah was 12 lbs 14 oz and 24in long, Elijah was 13 lbs 4 oz and 24 3/4 in long.

Isaac just might be the biggest littlest brother.

He has definitely won ALL our hearts, but clearly I am his favorite.
(Why else would he wear shirts like this?)

He continues to be amazingly sweet and is spoiling me rotten.



Here are some fabulous facts about my favorite 2 month old:

  • Isaac continues to be a SUPER sleeper at night going for 4-6 hour stretches. He will wake up, eat quickly, fill his pants, and finish eating after his diaper change and be back to sleep in no time. Then he will sleep for another 4-5 hours! He also doesn't really fuss or cry when he wakes up. I will hear him in his crib sucking on his fists and cooing.

  • He LOVES to "talk" and has some great facial expressions to accompany his cooing. He and I have some great conversations late at night after his big brothers are in bed or when we are up in the early hours of the morning for feedings. The furrowed brow cooing is my favorite. He has such important things to say for only being 2 months old!

  • His big brothers are both pretty fond of him. Elijah loves him on his own time and is transitioning very well to sharing his momma. Jonah continues to be his twitter update notifying anyone in the vicinity of Isaac's current status: "Isaac is sleeping. Isaac is awake. Isaac is cooing. Isaac just lifted up his hand...."

  • He is a BIG boy and is wearing 6-9 month clothes already! Yikes!

  • He still has the exact same color hair as me and bright blue eyes. His eyelashes are beautiful and long just like Elijah's.

  • He is also a great breast feeder and he LOVES his momma.

  • He enjoys being held or wrapped in the Moby, but also likes stretching out on the floor and playing. His newest trick is lifting both legs up in the air and tipping over.

  • He likes his pacifier, but his life doesn't depend on it.

  • He also really likes to be swaddled and occasionally if he hasn't been sleeping for too long and wakes up I can just swaddle him a little tighter and he will go right back to sleep! (If you are jealous please understand that our other two NEVER did this so we have put in many sleepless nights to get here)
  • He also "thumps" his foot when he is waking up or going to sleep. It is hilarious and I felt him do this in my tummy!
  • He recognizes the voice of his brothers, daddy, and grandparents. It is so fun to see his face light up when he sees them.
  • He is also quite a flirt and smiles for anyone who is looking. He does smile more for ladies and I have been amused many times when I leave church with a frantic, frustrated, and LOUD infant to go breastfeed who quickly becomes all smiles when he sees the other mommies in the breastfeeding room!
  • One of my other favorite things is that he slowly moves his index fingers up and down (as if he was typing on a keyboard) as he falls asleep. Elijah used to do this as an infant too!

Isaac, we are so blessed to have you in our family! You are a constant reminder to me of God's perfect timing and love. I am so proud to be your mommy! I pray for many more months together and am enjoying watching you grow and learn about your world.

No comments: