Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Big Brother in Training

As the anticipation for Bruce's arrival builds, I am not sure who is more excited to meet him, the boys or us. Elijah has made some major improvements in this department and I am really hoping we continue to see progress as we get closer to the big day. He has been very territorial of his things and making sure that each baby item I pull out wasn't "his" before Bruce gets to use it.

Jonah on the other hand is nothing but excited! He asks me just about every day if I think it will be today that the baby is born. He also has been a great "helper" while I have been digging out baby items, washing them up and putting them away. He even helped me do some MAJOR cleaning in our house on Friday. We vacuumed, scrubbed, and dusted! We cleaned for almost 3 hours and he was right by me the entire time!

Today I found him feeding his baby bear after nap time...
...he of course had to be burped also.

Then I found him in the baby's room using the boppy after he discovered what it was for...
...he is so excited it is absolutely adorable!

Elijah on the other hand seems to be more interested in just making sure the baby items weren't "his" and less excited for the baby to actually be here. I hardly blame the guy. Would you want a little person coming in and taking your role away? Probably not! After a friend dropped off an exersaucer for us to borrow I found him literally checking it out...
We had a discussion about how he is too big for it and he started pretending he was a baby and wanting me to carry him like a baby. I am sure this is only a preview of what is to come. I only hope that over time he learns to love this new little sibling! I am sure it will take some getting used to and we are all anticipating that to be the case. Either way life will never be dull again I am sure!

No comments: