Monday, May 18, 2009

What a weekend!

This weekend was a fun filled one with lots of picture taking and memories and nostalgia.

Friday night I was able to attend the Red River (my old high school) alumni choir concert. The is the last choir concert of the year, it is a laid back, and fun one and at the end of the concert any choir alumni can join the current choir for the final song, The Benediction. This is a song that is sung at the end of every choir concert. Laura's choi
r was beautiful and they had some fun songs, even some that I remember singing. They even sang one in the dark with flashlights. It was pretty sweet! Since graduating from high school, I have only attended this concert once and that was the year after I graduated. It was so fun to sing with Laura up there! I can't believe she is graduating from high school next weekend!


Saturday, my little sister Nikki graduated from UND with her masters in Occupational Therapy! She has worked so hard over the last 5 years and I am so proud of her. She always puts 150% into everything and her schooling was no different. She even graduated with a 4.0! (I am pretty sure that wasn't my GPA). She is still job searching, but I am confident God will lead her to a job he has hand selected. I am also praying he doesn't take them too far from us since we just moved back and will miss them so much! She will be a wonderful OT no matter where she ends up! I am so proud! It was so fun to watch her walk across the stage in her beautiful cap and gown with the fancy hood. It was also fun to attend a small ceremony Saturday morning that recognized her and her classmates for their masters proj
ects. Very impressive!



Sunday night we had a great time relaxing, eating, and celebrating her and her hubby Tom. Tom graduated from UND with a marketing degree in December (the day before their wedding) and missed out on a party due to the wedding festivities. So we had a combined party at The Blue Moose (my fav restaurant) and it was a blast!

Nikki and her hubby Tom at their graduation party at The Blue Moose.

My wonderful Dad and Elijah (who looks a lot like him)

Nikki and Elijah at the party

The boys got a little rowdy at the party so Richard graciously took them to a great park near by to burn off some energy. The boys had a blast and met up with a good friend of ours (Nate Fiala) and his son for some quality play time. We are
 going to be frequent visitors of this park I think. After the park we went over to the Fialas for some DQ ice cream and a quick chat (Thanks Amy). We are looking forward to the summer and being able to spend some more time with these guys!
Jonah at the Castle Park in East Grand Forks

Swinging is so fun!

Underdog please Daddy!

Elijah taking a little break at the park.

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

What fun! That park looks like tons of fun especially for boys! What a beautiful picture of Elijah at the end!

Dan Walsh said...

Hey Becky,

Every day Google sends me articles and blog posts with "Grand Forks" in the text. I was surprised to open my email this morning and see your name and a link to your blog. That's crazy.

I'm glad to see that you're doing well. You're little ones are adorable.

Take care.

Dan Walsh
http://theologypilgrim.wordpress.com
http://danandmelissawalsh.blogspot.com