Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day


I celebrated my first Mother's Day in 2005 compliments of this little man.

The next year I was pregnant and felt twice as blessed.

The next year I celebrated as a mother of TWO boys!

The next year I should have been preparing for the birth of my third child. God had another plan. These two boys helped me celebrate a beautiful day filled with love even though my heart was broken understanding why this day is bittersweet for so many.

5 Years of Motherhood.  
Three precious gifts from the Lord.
One incredibly wonderful husband.
So sweet.
So amazing.
So Blessed am I.


We started out Mother's Day with our traditional trip to Village Inn. (Richard and I started this tradition in Iowa City by celebrating our own mothers before we had kiddos. We decided we would go each year and do this) After church we picked up some Wendy's and headed to the park to enjoy a beautiful day and a picnic. Then we all took a nap. Ahhh. After naps we spent the evening with my family for a BBQ and Dairy Queen cake.  My grandparents were able to join us also.  It was a great day!

This year I was able to reflect on God's continual love, guidance, strength, and plan for me. Of course I wouldn't be a Mom without these three precious gifts from the Lord.  I certainly could not be a Mom without His help either.  I am so blessed to have an amazing mother and mother-in-law to look up to. I know this day isn't easy for many. I pray the Lord comforts those who are empty handed, broken hearted, and hopeful.  I pray those who do have arms full of precious gifts take time to realize just how rich they are. 


"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted em what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the Lord.  For his whole life he will be given to the Lord.
- 1 Samuel 1:27-28"

1 comment:

Becky said...

And what a fantastic mother you are becoming. I thank God that you are the mother of my children.

-Richard