I love being a mom. I love each "stage or phase" my kids go through and am amazed at how different they are yet how similar. I am going to devote a post to each of my boys and what they are doing now so I can remember later. Elijah is still the baby in my eyes and because there isn't another little one, I don't want him to grow up. I want him to stay little and he is trying so hard to be a "big boy" and it breaks my heart.
I have tried to write cute things the boys say or do down and would give myself about a C+ on this effort. So, I am going to share some of the things that I love about Elijah. Some of the things that make him so adorable and that I hope to remember when I am old and gray watching his kids run around.
You are 2 1/2 years old and trying to grow up too fast. Please slow down! You are so sweet and I am excited to watch you grow and see how God shapes you into the young man he has created you to be. For now I am enjoying this stage and your Elijahness.
- You look more like me, well actually like Grandpa Rod, but I think share MANY personality traits with your daddy.
- You are a magnet to dirt, messes, and when you try something you don't hold back. You aren't afraid to get dirty.
- You love your blankie (the one Grandma Irene made for you) and use it to snuggle with, cover up with, as a super cape, and for many other things. The most recent use is as a cape and you go get a pony tail holder from the bathroom and have me use that to keep it on.
- You prefer your pillow cold. Just like your DAD. The best part is you would never have seen him do this, you just inherited this trait. Before bed if you lay on your pillow long enough before falling asleep and it gets hot, you flip it over and sleep on the cooler side.
- Your current favorite things to play with are anything spiderman, batman, robin, or superman. You love protecting me from the bad guys!
- You LOVE playing with your brother. I am not even being sarcastic. Sure you fight, but for the most part you play very well together. I pray your friendship grows stronger as you grow older.
- If you catch me in the kitchen sneaking a treat and you want one, you always ask for one for yourself and one for your brother, and you give it to him.
- You are an angel when we run errands together (just the two of us).
- You LOVE hot chocolate. You prefer it with an ice cube (regardless of the temperature) and a few mini marshmallows.
- You inherited my love for treats and sweets. You eat them like me too: fast.
- You are very stubborn and strong willed. I pray God uses these traits to benefit His kingdom.
- You are a momma's boy to the extreme. I am not complaining about this of course and cherish the days you are attached to me while they last. (I would like to go to the bathroom by myself though)
- You are an excellent napper and often have to be woken up from your nap so you will go to bed at night.
- You become extremely awake if you stay up too late. I am afraid you inherited this from me.
- You have many adorable phrases right now: "us" instead of "we" (where are "us" going mom?), "I'm not likin' you right now" (when you are in trouble), "I'm going to kick him in the eye" (when talking about hurting a bad guy), "Robin the boy wonder", "don't give me a spankin' on my bare but mom" (when you did something wrong and you know it), and often I find you at my bedside in the middle of the night because you are "so scared, and need to snuggle" (I of course can't resist).
- You also love fruit loops, fruit snacks, granola bars, and oreo cookies.
- I often catch you eating toothpaste in the bathroom (it is fluoride free don't worry)
- You are extremely independent and insist on doing most things for yourself.
- You love being outside, reading books, coloring, and playing super heros.
- You know how to push almost every button on your brother.
- You let me smother you in kisses and hugs daily. You also kiss other peoples "owies" and make them "all better"
- Your daddy and I love you more than you'll ever know. We are so thankful for you and feel blessed to call you our son.