Thursday, March 5, 2009

Puke patrol

So last night I got a call at work from Richard (who never calls unless there is an emergency) and he told me Elijah was puking! Sunday he called to tell me Jonah had swallowed a penny! Good thing I don't work more ;0)  

My wonderful husband called in sick to work and stayed up all night (literally) to be on puke patrol with Elijah while I stayed at work. I came home slept for a few hours and got up for an appointment leaving him on puke patrol still.  He did an excellent job taking care of my baby while I couldn't and now I am taking over while he returns to work tomorrow. 

Thanks Richard for being such a great daddy, husband and puke policeman!  I love watching you care for our boys, even when it isn't so fun.  

Tomorrow I have a feeling I will be washing a lot of laundry and watching a lot of batman!

2 comments:

Cindy and company said...

Same here. We have been on puke patrol since our visit to Iowa. The only one left is Tom. Hopefully he is strong enough to let it pass him by. It's the worst when the husbands get sick. They're such babies! Ha ha.
Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Becky said...

I take offense at that, Cindy. I can't imagine Tom or myself ever showing a sign of weakness or need.