Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day

So tomorrow we close on our 1st house!  We are walking through tonight with our Realtor (Chris Horn if you ever need one he is excellent!) and then finalize everything tomorrow! Hurray!  Then we will be busy getting our house ready to move into.  Once we get all settled we would love visitors (even if you live in Iowa).  

I had orientation stuff today for Altru and it felt pretty weird.  I got my name badge, parking permit (that was free and my walk is even shorter than from Lot 43 for you Iowans weird huh), passed all the health screening, and occupational test, filled out and signed a million papers and will start officially on monday.  I had a 45 minute break between sessions and wished I could have gone to the Java House for a Iced German Chocolate Mocha, but they unfortunately (or fortunately for my bank account) had nothing of the sort.  It was also pretty weird working during the day. That will take some getting used to.

We miss Iowa lots, but we are looking forward to getting into our new home and doing what we want.  Love to you all and I might be M.I.A. for awhile during the whole moving, painting, floor remodeling, etc.  Check back for pics of the process!

No comments: