Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's 50th birthday!  When we told Jonah this he wondered if Grandpa was older than the dinosaurs!  We had a wonderful time last night celebrating his birthday at the Holiday Inn in town. He rented a pool side room and we all went swimming, played a game and our family spent the night. It was a blast!  We are going to eat dinner tonight at a restaurant of his choice (probably the Italian Moon) and then have cake, ice cream and open presents. 

I wanted to take a minute and say Happy Birthday to a wonderful man! I couldn't have asked for a greater father, grandfather to my boys, and friend.  I have learned many things from my father and have so many great memories of growing up and especially over the past few years watching him be a Grandpa to my boys!  They are madly in love with him and it has been great to be so close so we can spend even more time with him! 

Happy Birthday Dad and I am blessed to be your daughter and call you Father. Thanks for everything you do and for all you are. I look forward to spending more time with you now that we are just a few minutes away instead of a few hours away!

No comments: