Saturday, November 13, 2010

8 months old

How is it that my sweet little baby is already...

8 months old?!?!?
Ahhhhhhh!

Now I am not an emotional and sentimental person.

I know I have shared this before, I love babies, especially my own.

I wish they could stay babies for lots longer. And I mean it!

I am not going to lie. When people warned me about time flying by before Jonah was born, I laughed inside and figured it couldn't be that fast could it?

They were right. I was wrong. And, in fact, time only gets faster when you have more children. 

I feel like I just wrote this post about this same little man turning 7 months old!

I blinked my eyes and here is my little man.  Pretty soon he will be headed to Kindergarten, packing for college, getting married, or just be turning 9 months old!

For now I will continue cherishing the continuing moments of sweetness you bless us with each day.


Here are a few of my favorite things you do at 8 months old:
  • You now have 3 teeth! Your 2 front teeth and one on the top...unfortunately those gums are quite swollen and I think we can add more to the list next month!
  • You have mastered crawling, are constantly pulling yourself up to stand, and will slowly sit back down again.  I have caught you cruising in your crib and at Grandma's house! 
  •  You also have pulled yourself up to stand and let go a few times! After you let go, and before you either fall or sit down, you smile and laugh nervously. It is adorable.
  • Your first word was "ma-ma" (great choice) and "da-da" followed shortly. 
  • We have been working on sign language and I think you have figured out "more" but just haven't been able to sign it to us. 
  • You have learned how to make many more fun sounds like clicking your tongue and making your voice "growly"
  • You are VERY BUSY!  We all love watching you play and you love being entertained by your big brothers while they are playing. 
  • You are having a hard time sleeping at night because you are either sitting or standing when you wake yourself up.  You also will scoot to the edge of your crib and sit with your legs through the bars and then bang on the bars and scream loudly when you are especially unhappy with being in there.
  • In the morning or after nap, you usually lay your head down and snuggle or almost give us a hug when we pick you up. I love this and get teared up thinking about it ending some day.
  • You still aren't real fond of food and have gone back to wanting to just nurse 99.9% of the day. There are a few things you seem to like, and lots you dislike.  Mostly it seems as though you don't like any baby food (like your big brother Jonah).  You do like applesauce, yogurt, cheese, graham crackers, fruit puffs, teething biscuits, bananas, apples, pears, mac & cheese and pancakes. 
  • You are very sneaky and keep me on my toes during the day.  If anyone forgets to close the bathroom door you are there in a flash getting into lots of germ filled things! You also seem to enjoy playing with many toys you shouldn't vs all the age appropriate toys we have for you.
  • You have begun to dislike hate your carseat, or at least getting strapped into it. Fun for me. 
  • You do love to get your picture taken. You smile and I just have to be fast enough to get it before you speedily crawl over to the camera and try to attack it!
  • One of my other most favorite things is that you will crawl over and pull up on my leg while pulling on my pants when you just want to be picked up or need some loving. 
  • One of your favorite games is when your brothers chase you around the house on their hands and knees and you giggle until you are almost sick. 
  • You also have begun to really enjoy music.  Either "singing" along or dancing ( moving your head back and forth and bouncing up and down) while we sing. 


Isaac, 

You continue to fill our home with laughter.  You are a constant reminder for me to not take these days for granted or moments I have with 3 little ones.  We are all so thankful for you and enjoy the changes that are happening daily as you discover more and more about your world.



Thank you for the joy you have brought us the past 8 months.  I am praying for many more months together and looking forward to seeing what Jesus has in store for you little man. 


Love Your Momma

No comments: