Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The First Snow

We had our first snow yesterday...

5 inches or so

It was beautiful...if you were inside.  

Not so much if you were out trying to drive in it or just being outside.

I was quickly reminded of why I loved Iowa. 

The winters weren't as extreme as they are here.

The boys were ecstatic, since in their little minds snow = sledding and playing.

In my mind snow = cold, shoveling, and the reality that winter is really here.

Isaac hasn't gotten to play in it yet, but he does sure love looking at it outside.

He hates his snow suit, hat and mittens...but I have a feeling he will like playing in the snow.

Until the novelty wears off, I will continue to enjoy his shrieks of joy every time he looks out the window and notices the ground covered in white. 

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

Wow, looks beautiful...from here!

jamie said...

oh man not looking forward to that AT ALL! i'm ready to move :)