Sunday, May 15, 2011

So Big!

Isaac is getting so big and has started to lose his baby look and is becoming so grown up.

This is hard for me. 

I am savoring every baby moment I get until #4 arrives.

He is still so sweet and at almost 15 months is frequently mistaken as a 2 year old since he is so tall.

I bought an infant swing for our swing set and he has really been enjoying the "wing" as he calls it!

He is trying to grab my phone here as I take a picture.

He has started talking more and it is sure fun to watch him learning new words and trying to use them.

He will say ready, hurray, up, and nigh (for nice).

He signs more, please and thank you. 

Every animal says "wooo  woooo woooo" in a deep voice. 
He is trying to bark like a dog when he says it.

We are working on learning some more.

 If he is getting hungry and I ask him if he would like a snack or lunch, etc he will stop fussing, run to the kitchen and sit on the floor and put his hands in his lap and smile.

He has been more and more territorial when I am resting on the couch fighting the nausea that still accompanies most days.  If either one of his big brothers comes and tries to snuggle he is quick to fuss at them and climb right over them until he is laying on top of me.

He LOVES to be outside and going for stroller rides/walks.

He also often will "sing" songs as he plays or looks out the window.

He loves the itsy bitsy spider and has been doing the actions. 

I am working on getting it on video so I can post it because it is ADORABLE, but every time I get the camera out he instantly stops and wants to just see himself.

He also seems to have inherited his father's routine genes.

He likes to put certain things back where they belong 
(pillows on the couch, coasters on a certain end table, etc).  

He really enjoys nap and bed time and will patiently wait for his bottle to finish warming up, run into his room and turn on his fan and then climb up into the rocking chair and clap as you get ready to give him the bottle.  Sometimes he even grabs his blanket off the crib on the way by. 

He also will go and get kisses from everyone before he goes to bed.  He starts with his big brothers and then whichever parent isn't laying him down. So sweet!

He still is sleeping great and most nights we don't hear from him until the morning.  Or if we do he will let Richard give him his pacifier and he will go back to sleep for a bit longer.

He LOVES bananas and has at least one almost every morning for breakfast.

He has also started fussing a little when he gets hurt and will come to me holding out whatever body part was injured and as soon as I acknowledge it he is fine and runs away!

He is wanting to "play" with his brothers more which has caused a few conflicts, but we are working on it.  He also seems to enjoy independently playing on his own (like Elijah did as a small child). 

If I try to play with him he sometimes gets frustrated and wants to just do his own thing for a bit. 

However, if I am helping Elijah build something or playing superheroes with him and we are sitting on the floor, Isaac will climb in my lap facing me and pull my face close to his and say "mmmmm ma ma ma ma" and won't let go!

Elijah doesn't appreciate this too much and tries to tell Isaac to "shoo" so we can keep playing.

It is pretty fun to see his face light up when Richard comes home.

He runs to the front window or door and repeats, "my dada" over and over until he gets inside.

He also gets pretty excited when we pick Jonah up from school each day. 

It is hard to believe he is already almost 15 months old and even harder to believe he is becoming a toddler and isn't my baby anymore!

Wondering what he will think when my belly comes between us!

Guess we will find out before too long.

No comments: