Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When the Help is TOO Helpful...


Life with 4 kids is no walk in the park...while my heart is full from these blessings so are my hands.

The big boys are great about helping out around the house and temporarily with the little 2.

However, this has it's drawbacks. 

It's rare that I don't shower before Richard leaves for work in the morning. 

One because I feel I get more accomplished after I shower and two it just isn't safe!

One morning Olivia had slept later than usual and woke up starving so I didn't get to shower until later.

Elijah offered to "babysit" Olivia while I showered.

So I strapped her into her bouncy chair and speed showered.

I left the door open so I could hear and was a bit worried when I got done and heard peaceful children!

I came out to see this...

Elijah decided Olivia was hungry and Isaac brought him an empty bottle while Elijah got her out of her seat (eeeek!).  Since there was no breastmilk in the fridge, Isaac grabbed my pumping tubing and was "pumping" for Olivia!

(Which isn't the first time Isaac has pumped for her)
This is from awhile ago and sorry it's sideways....

Poor Olivia was a bit frustrated with the empty bottle, but fortunately everyone was ok. 

Today Elijah was playing by Olivia while she was "safely" swinging by him.  I went to lay Isaac down for a nap and heard her giggling while I was singing him a song.  

When I came out she was giggling still, but Elijah was pushing her so hard the legs of the swing were lifting off the ground a bit! 

If she survives childhood with her 3 big brothers, she will be one tough cookie!



Isaac has become extremely independent as a result of wanting to be just like his big brothers and not wanting to wait for me to finish what I am doing & help him when he needs it.

Here are a few pictures and captions of his helpful independence...

As a result he has learned to ride his big brothers' scooter & helps himself to this & takes off to the other end of the block.

Here he is looking so guilty...


because he can apparently open his own pop can and helped himself to a Sprite the other day.
Nice.

I was trying to take Olivia's picture and she kept tipping over so Isaac offered to "help" me...

While I thought that meant he hold her up for a picture.. 

he meant he would help me tip her over...
and he did just that after I quickly snapped the above pic.

Isaac also loves chocolate milk and has been bringing me the supplies for it when he would like some and I am busy somewhere else in the house.

He will bring me a cup, the chocolate syrup, and the gallon of milk. 

Last week when he asked for some and I said no he said okay mom and disappeared upstairs. 

Well, I found him making his own chocolate milk....

When I found him like this he had already added the chocolate syrup and was pouring the milk.

He was so stinking proud I didn't have the heart to take it away!

Oh, I am going to miss this too someday....when everyone can do everything for themselves....that happens right?  

I am sure there will be a new kind of crazy as the boys and Liv get older.

Until then I am trying to "embrace the craziness" each day!

No comments: