Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Potato Bowl Parade Fun

Last weekend was the Potato Bowl Parade, and it was a beautiful day for it!

Richard was out of town for the day for cross country and so was my brother-in-law who is one of his assistant coaches. So fun to be a cross country coach widow with my own sister!

The boys, my sister and I headed downtown and set up camp in an almost perfect spot to watch the parade.  Almost perfect only because we ended up having kids and adults coming and sitting/standing right in front of us towards the end!

These three boys sure enjoyed it though...

Me and my boys waiting for the parade to start.

 Cheese!

Isaac had the best seat in the house for most of the parade...right on top of Auntie Nikki.

Between all the bands, trucks, and candy it was a good time had by all...

Don't be fooled by this picture, Jonah was a little grumpy when I made him come sit back and watch while other kids were standing in the middle of the street. 

Isaac was pretty cute about getting candy too. 

He was too slow to grab it himself so Jonah and Elijah would run out and grab it and then throw it down right in front of him and he would get so excited!

We had a few other pretty small kiddos standing near us and Jonah and Elijah reluctantly shared their candy at first and by the end were placing handfuls in the other kiddos bags.

It was lots of fun and I wouldn't have been able to do it without my sister's help.

Yeah for parades and Aunties!

No comments: