Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And then there were 4!

In case you missed the announcement in my last post...

We are PREGNANT!!!!

Baby Dafoe 4.0 is expected to make his/her arrival sometime around November 4th!
(Most likely before since I have never made it to my due date)

We are 10 1/2 weeks and got to hear the most beautiful sound last week, that still brings tears to my eyes despite the number of times I hear it, a little heart beating away. 170 sweet beats per minute!

I have been puking my guts out, despite being loaded with Zofran and Unisom.

We were shocked, surprised, and caught off guard by this news.

In fact, since I am all about being truthful on this blog, I had a small mental breakdown when I found out.  Okay, I passed out and called Richard in tears at work begging him to come home.

Funny now, not so much then. 

I also felt guilty for feeling diapointed as I have so many dear friends who are struggling to become pregnant right now and my heart breaks for them. 

I am feeling overwhelmed by God's plan for us and this little peanut.

Also, since I have already confessed about my small mental breakdown, I am hoping for a girl.

Not that I wouldn't adore and love another little boy to pieces, but a daughter would sure be fun.

In fact Elijah told me before I even knew I was pregnant that he was praying for a baby sister!

I laughed at him. Being pregnant right now was the last thing on my mind!

God was probably laughing at me.

When we told the boys, Jonah responded similar to me. 

He covered his eyes and said, "You're having ANOTHER one! That will be 4 kids that I have to take care of!" He has since slowly become excited, but is rooting for a brother.

Elijah didn't really respond when we told them and when I asked him if he understood what we were saying he just smiled and said, "Yes. I have been counting the stars and Jesus already told me he was giving me a baby sister!" 

Crazy huh? 

Not sure what's crazier...the fact that Elijah wants another sibling 
or that there is still a 50/50 chance it is a girl? 

Boy or Girl I am praying for a healthy little one and a pregnancy that 
does NOT involve preterm labor and bedrest!

Our 20 week ultrasound is currently scheduled for my birthday!

We would covet your prayers for this little one!



Jesus, I praise you for this little one who you already know everything about. I am in awe of your plan for us and pray for safety for this sweet baby. Thank you for the amazing miracle of life! Thank you for, yet again, teaching me to trust in you. Becoming a mother has been one of the most challenging, yet rewarding things I have ever done.  I pray that instead of worrying about all the "what ifs" I will be able to praise you for each day we have with this precious child. Thank you for my dear husband who has been reminding me of YOUR plan and beaming ever since he found out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful news! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Becky and Richard!! Wow that is sooo exciting! I am so happy for you and your family! God is great! Also I just love your blog site! So cute! I hope your pregnancy goes well Becky! Wishing you all the best, Courtney

Cindy and company said...

Whooo Hooooo! Just so you know WE ARE DONE. So there is a possibility that you can catch us. Not that its a race or anything:) (As I write this Thomas is sitting beside me in shock saying "What? I thought we were having another one."--Kids)

jamie said...

whoa congrats!