Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Keeping Jesus Safe

The boys and I put out our nativity tonight.

Elijah has been bugging me for the past week to get it out, and I just hadn't taken the time.

The boys love playing with it and it is always fun to see where baby Jesus ends up.

We were talking about what it would have been like to be there when Jesus was born.

My heart aches for Mary as I can only fathom what she experienced in the stable, giving birth to Christ the King, in the hay?

Was she scared? 

Did she fear for her son's life? 

After we set up the nativity I put a few things away and came back to see this scene:

I smiled to myself and asked the boys if their transformers were visiting baby Jesus.

They both whipped their heads around, and very quickly corrected me...they were keeping Jesus safe from the bad guy who wanted him dead!

Of course! 

Adorable!

They were confident that Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and the other Autobots could keep baby Jesus safe from King Herod.

While they continued "playing" I prayed that I would not forget the moment when I discovered transformers keeping Jesus safe.

No comments: