Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just a little bit of this

While the reality of winter has hit us with chilly days, beautiful flurries, and blowing winds, we have been enjoying our cozy Christmas tree and cups of cocoa or apple cider.

We have also been enjoying a little bit of this...
Isaac tried malt-o-meal for the first time and LOVED it!!!
(It's hard to see in this picture, but he had malt-o-meal everywhere)

You can't have malt-o-meal without toast!

Isaac adores his big brothers and is quite entertained by watching them play.

He does get pretty excited when they include him in the play.

These two are still such good buddies.

It has been hard watching Elijah get so sad when Jonah is gone at school...

...but so sweet watching them reunite at 3pm each day!

They usually have a full night of playing planned out by the time we pull into our driveway.

Lately I have been struggling with feelings of inadequacy, as a mother, friend, homemaker, wife, etc)

Satan has been getting the best of me.

When I have been feeling overwhelmed, the Lord has sent many reminders to get me back on track.

I am working on letting go of control over my to-do list, and focusing more on quality time with my family.

I have also realized that I need to spend more time being silent before the Lord.

While I am waiting patiently at the feet of Jesus I am praising the Lord for these 3 boys who I have been entrusted with.
I mean how can a girl feel sad when she gets 
sticky, slobbery, all-boy hugs and kisses from these 3 cuties?

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

and they are so adorable!! I have the exact same struggles. So hard to let go of everything. Will remember to pray for the same things for you as well!