Saturday, June 27, 2009

Trip to MN Part 3

Our final day in St Paul happened to be Father's Day. The boys made Richard some cute cards with their hand prints in them. He opened his gift at home (when we got home) but I think had a great day being loved by us all.


Sunday was my 26th birthday as well! Richard surprised me with a card and tickets to see Cirque du Soleil's Kooza! They are going to be in St Paul the month of July. I was so shocked and excited that I started crying! It is definitely one of the best presents he has ever given me for a few reasons. First, because he knows how much I want to go to this show and second, because these tickets aren't cheap (remember how my hubby is frugal). It will be a blast! My mom graciously agreed to watch the boys so we can go kid free. We are going to stay with Clint and Katy again (thanks guys) and maybe even sneak in a date with them and shopping on the way home!

We had a very nice relaxing day with Katy's family. We headed to church that morning and returned for a BBQ with her grandparents, mom, brother, aunt, uncle, and cousin. It was fun to meet more of her family and it worked out perfectly that we were able to feed the kids, put them down for naps, and enjoy a nice relaxing lunch. Isaiah was up before the boys, so we were able to enjoy his sweetness while they slept.

All three boys looking cute before church

Sweet little Isaiah

Isaiah and Grandma Linda

Richard and Paul

Three amigos: Paul, Richard and Clint

Katy and Elijah playing BINGO

One more attempt at a picture of the three boys

Katy reading to the boys before bed

Jonah and Isaiah

Our last evening with our dear friends was filled with pizza, fellowship, laughs and a surprise birthday cake from Dairy Queen for me! It was so special to share the day with the Hawthornes. It was such a blessing to be able to spend that time together. We are so grateful for them allowing us to come visit after only being in their home for less than a week! We look forward to making many more memories together and hopefully more visits! It was so hard to leave and I was able to keep the tears in until I pulled away.

Thanks again Hawthornes!

No comments: