Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Will Work For Legos

Today I needed the kitchen floor washed.

It was disgusting a little dirty.

Ok, so a chemistry class could have studied the "leftovers" on the floor instead of using a petri dish.

Funny how I haven't had time to clean it....I really have nothing else better to do. 

Since I could hardly walk through the kitchen this morning without stepping on something or sticking to who knows what (and this was after I swept), I decided it was time to buckle down and wash the floor. 

However, Isaac and Olivia were extremely needy and I spent the morning getting very little accomplished.

Elijah was a great helper this morning "watching" Olivia while I cleaned up Isaac, took a shower and threw in a few loads of laundry.  He also played with Isaac this morning when Olivia needed a little TLC.  Since he had been so helpful I asked him if he would be interested in helping me clean the kitchen floor....tons of fun for a 5 year old I know....how could he resist.

He said no thanks. 

I knew I had a 15 minute window after laying Isaac down for a nap before Olivia needed to eat and be laid down so I asked him one more time. 

This time I offered an incentive.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 


I told him he could have a lego set if he helped me.

 I found it on super clearance after Christmas and had tucked it away for rainy day, or a kitchen-floor-washing-bribe.

He was a floor washing machine after that...

 using a little more water than we probably needed...

but good help is hard to find so I couldn't be picky...

He even helped me wash the cupboards and floorboards.

Then I told him he was getting the lego set not just for helping me wash the floor, but also for his good attitude all morning while helping me man the crabby duo.

 Olivia lost it just as we were finishing up and I fed her while Elijah put his new lego set together.

The best part was I knew it would be clean for at least 90 minutes (since Isaac was napping).

Since it will probably be dirty before Richard gets home, I figured I better blog about it!

No comments: