I have prayed for the day when I would be able to be home mostly and just work enough to A)Keep my nursing license/skills B) Take care of those cute little patients and C) have a little time out of the house. That day is almost here as I am nearing the end of my orientation at Altru and looking forward to just working my two 12hr shifts a week! The other days I get to be home with the boys. I have been working full time during my orientation and therefore not seeing the boys very often. The days I am home I have been making an effort to spend more time with the boys and less time on our house. I have also been working on my patience and realizing how much I have learned and have to learn about being an effective mother of two toddlers, while trying to instill Christ's love and lessons in them. I am hoping to read some parenting books in my free time (oh wait, I don't really have any of that) so if you have any suggestions let me know.
Over the past few weeks I have been spending my days full of Thanks for the Lord. Here are a few things that have warmed my heart...
- snuggling with the boys in the morning (this has become a ritual if I am home)
- lots of hugs and kisses when I come home/leave for work
- seeing life from the eyes of my toddlers
- being able to enjoy my days home with these two
- seeing richard's soul excited to teach and connect with the kids at school when he tells me about his day
- watching the boys with my family
- hearing Jonah talk about Iowa as his "other city"
- reminicing about our time in iowa
- looking forward to meeting up with good friends
- having a home to call our own
- listening to the boys playing together
- being able to send them down into the basement to play
- getting to know our neighbors
- listening to the boys play outside while I work in the kitchen
- getting to spend time with my hubby in the evenings
- being able to go over to my parents house whenever
- being able to watch my little sister run
- how much they love to read
- helping Jonah with his "school work" (workbooks I got at the dollar bin at Target- my weakness I think- that he loves)
- getting phone calls from friends in Iowa
- connecting with friends here in ND
I know there are more but I am tired and my brain is shutting down. I hope you have things that warm your heart and you can cherish them!