Friday, September 12, 2008

It warms my heart

I have prayed for the day when I would be able to be home mostly and just work enough to A)Keep my nursing license/skills B) Take care of those cute little patients and C) have a little time out of the house.  That day is almost here as I am nearing the end of my orientation at Altru and looking forward to just working my two 12hr shifts a week!  The other days I get to be home with the boys.  I have been working full time during my orientation and therefore not seeing the boys very often. The days I am home I have been making an effort to spend more time with the boys and less time on our house.  I have also been working on my patience and realizing how much I have learned and have to learn about being an effective mother of two toddlers, while trying to instill Christ's love and lessons in them. I am hoping to read some parenting books in my free time (oh wait, I don't really have any of that) so if you have any suggestions let me know.  

Over the past few weeks I have been spending my days full of Thanks for the Lord.  Here are a few things that have warmed my heart...

  • snuggling with the boys in the morning (this has become a ritual if I am home)
  • lots of hugs and kisses when I come home/leave for work
  • seeing life from the eyes of my toddlers
  • being able to enjoy my days home with these two
  • seeing richard's soul excited to teach and connect with the kids at school when he tells me about his day
  • watching the boys with my family
  • hearing Jonah talk about Iowa as his "other city" 
  • reminicing about our time in iowa
  • looking forward to meeting up with good friends
  • having a home to call our own
  • listening to the boys playing together
  • being able to send them down into the basement to play
  • getting to know our neighbors
  • listening to the boys play outside while I work in the kitchen
  • getting to spend time with my hubby in the evenings
  • being able to go over to my parents house whenever
  • being able to watch my little sister run
  • how much they love to read
  • helping Jonah with his "school work" (workbooks I got at the dollar bin at Target- my weakness I think- that he loves)
  • getting phone calls from friends in Iowa
  • connecting with friends here in ND
I know there are more but I am tired and my brain is shutting down. I hope you have things that warm your heart and you can cherish them!

No comments: