Tuesday, June 8, 2010

To my Love


To my Love,

7 years ago, June 6th, we said I do

and to say it's been perfect wouldn't be true.

We've had laughter, tears, heartache, and joy

lived in 2 different states and blessed with 3 little boys.

There are many words to describe our 7 years filled with love

it may surprise you to discover I can not pick just one.

Sacrifice, commitment, endurance and strength

trust, selfless love and discussions at length.

Camping, crashing weddings, trips to the lake or the zoo

date nights together, backyard bonfires, and game night too.

We've celebrated victories, defeats, birthdays and deaths

but we've done it together and haven't looked back.

7 years filled with memories that I'll help you remember

as we continue walking down this road together.

My love for you grows stronger each day

and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I pray we continue strengthening each other forever

as we persevere on our marriage endeavor.

Thank you for loving me even when it hasn't been easy

or when I write you Anniversary poems that are cheesy.

You are my best friend, companion, and love of my life

I thank God everyday for making me your wife.


Happy Anniversary Richard

No comments: