Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Reflection



Things I love about being a mother:
  • Getting smothered in hugs and kisses by two adorable toddlers
  • Watching my boys growing and changing despite my desire to keep them little forever (well maybe just for a long time)
  • Hearing the excitement in their voices when they discover something new and just can't wait to tell you about it
  • Being one of the most important people in their little life at this point 
  • Snuggling after a nap or in the early morning when they are still enough to enjoy the moment
  • Feeling them crawl up into my lap to read a good book, needing to kiss them after a spill outside, and having two little guys anxiously waiting for me to get home in the morning from work
  • Appreciating my own mother for all she has done for me the more I continue on this journey into motherhood
  • Smiling when I realize I am becoming my mother
  • How your clothes can look as though you've been wearing them for days and not minutes
  • How much I love watching my boys sleeping
  • Despite the days when I think I might go crazy, I wouldn't change this for anything
  • That my husband is a wonderful Father and is continually encouraging me to be the mother God desires me to be

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky I love your Mother's day reflection! It made me smile and you are very blessed.