Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Jonah

Today is a special day in the Dafoe household...it is Jonah's 4th Birthday!  It is hard to believe that 4 years ago Richard and I were waiting anxiously to meet this little man.

(Here is one of my favorite pics of him on his "birthday."
  It has been so wonderful to watch this little man grow, learn, discover, and become who God created him to be!  He was an extremely colicky baby and very high maintenance. He slept very little and was extremely unpredictable.  He has always been a social little man and has always enjoyed being around others and outgoing.  He has hit many of the "milestones" early setting the bar pretty high for any other siblings to follow.  He has always been a snuggler and I do have many, many, many fond memories of the naps we did share together.  There is nothing more precious than a sleeping baby on your chest while you sleep!  

Although he looks just like his daddy, Jonah does have many of my personality traits and qualities.  This is fun to see!  I absolutely love this age where he is so intrigued by the world around him and so determined to figure out the why?s how come?s and other important questions that most people don't know the answers to.  He is a great big brother and although he and Elijah fight, he definitely watches out for him and I love that. 

I feel all nostalgic as I sit and allow the wonderful memories of motherhood and our oldest son flood my thoughts.  All the firsts, special time together, the mommy and me dates, snuggling in the mornings, trips to starbucks and the park, playing together, and learning together. The tears, smiles, hugs and kisses make it extra special. 

Today I do have to sleep a little (I worked last night) but I will get up early so we can celebrate this special day tonight with spaghetti, cake, and ice cream.  I will post pics of course!  


Happy Birthday Jonah! We love you so much!


Here is the Birthday Boy each year on his special day!

No comments: